Let’s Visit Lady Liberty

Guess what? Today we went to the Statue of Liberty! April fools! We used virtual reality viewers to visit many different places, but,I choose to write about Lady Liberty, also known as the Statue of Liberty. Virtual reality is when you have goggles and a phone in the goggles and you can see many fascinating landmarks or places or where or whatever you want. With the viewers on everyone was yelling with excitement.

This is Liberty Island. Photo by Mrs. Yollis and Google.

This is Ellis Island. photo by Google Earth

When the “bus” pulled up for us to get on the ferry.  I saw Ellis Island where my great grandmother went to Ellis Island when she was coming to America. We heard many facts including, the seven rays on the crown represents the seven continents. The Statue of Liberty is 151 feet (43 meters) tall, and the base is 305 feet (93 meters) high. The former name of Lady Liberty is Liberty Enlighting the World, it became national in 1924.  The 100th birthday of Lady Liberty was only in 1986! Did you know Lady Liberty was delivered from France in 1888?

Have you been to Lady Liberty, if you have what was your favorite part?

Have you wanted to go on the tour why did you?

18 thoughts on “Let’s Visit Lady Liberty

1. It sounds like you had a great visit. I visited Lady Liberty with my family on summer vacation. We had a great time. I think it was my daughter’s favorite part of the trip.

• @ Summer Sky,

I bet it was your daughter’s favorite part. It seems like you had a spectacular time.

From,
      Sheila

2. Hi Sheila,
    I’ve been to see Lady Liberty three times, but have never taken a virtual tour. That is really cool. I went once as a kid, and made it all the way up to the crown (I’m not sure they allow that anymore). Then, I went during college with a friend. Last, I went with my amazing family. Each time I didn’t get quite as high up. Maybe next time I’ll just hang in the park. I don’t think I’ve ever taken the full tour where they give you lots of facts, only part of it. When you go on a virtual tour, do you fly in or around like on a plane, or do you still go by ferry? You mentioned something about a bus. Was that going to the island, from, or both?
    Thanks for sharing your story,
    Adam

• @ Adam,
      We didn’t go by ferry or plane Mrs. Yollis just tapped something on the iPad, we were on the floor. We weren’t actually going on a bus that was a joke we sat on our chairs at our tables, however, the bus did take us there and back.

Thanks for commenting,
      Sheila

• @ Bald Todd,

Were you born in NY? Why is it like home?

Thanks for commenting,
      Sheila

• I was born in a part of New Jersey which is very close to New York City. I then moved to Queens in NY, which is also close to the city. I still have family there. I also still have a lot of friends there. I like to go to Baseball games there and watch the Mets. I also like to go to Broadway shows there. And, oh, the food at the restaurants there . . . yum, yum, yum.

• @ Bald Todd

Once I went to a restaurant in NY where waiters sang and danced and wore wigs to look like their characters. It was so much fun, entertaining, and hilarious!

Thanks for commenting,
          Sheila

• I’m making myself gluten free chicken parmigiana for lunch today.

3. @Bald Todd,

Why are you making a gluten-free meal?

Thanks for commenting,
    Sheila

• Probably too often. Cheated today. Usually I cheat about once a month.

• @Bald Todd,
        At what age did you become gluten-free? Also, is anyone in your family gluten-free?

Thanks for commenting,
        Sheila

• I became gluten free at about age 46. My mom is gluten free and can’t cheat. She has Celiac Disease and gets very sick when she eats gluten. My uncle in NY also has an intolerance to gluten.

• @ Bald Todd,
            My friend is gluten-free and dairy-free, and when she eats something with gluten or dairy or both then she gets white spots on her body.

Thanks for commenting,
            Sheila

4. Well, it is not that difficult to cut things out of your diet as there is so much variety available, so I hope your friend is finding a lot of foods she can eat and enjoy. It must be hard to pass on ice cream, though. Are there alternatives that she can eat?

• @ Bald Todd,
      She does have some alternatives she can use. There are some cookies that are like Oreos. They are really good.

Till next time,
      Sheila♣